15 Resources to Organize Your Home, Computer, Work, and Life
I feel sometimes that I am on a constant quest to get organized. There is just so much I want to do with my life, and so little time in which to get it all done. My eternal hope is that being more organized will allow me to do and be more, and miss and regret less.
That might be a lot to expect from a day planner.
Even if these resources don't make me into Super Woman, they may help us control the chaos - at least a little.
For Your Home
Photo: Jeremy Levine/Creative Commons
1. FlyLady - website to help you organize household chores
2. Simplify - an ebook by popular minimalism blogger Joshua Becker
3. SimpleMom.net - a blog to help any home manager get organized.
4. MealMixer - an online menu planner that considers your tastes and diet, and generates an organized shopping list.
For Your Digital Life
Photo: Blake Patterson/Creative Commons
5. DropBox - a file sharing system that lets you sync digital files across all of your computers and mobile devices.
6. Remember the Milk - online task manager
7. Evernote - web and mobile app to help you track all your notes and ideas
8. Flickr - organize your online photos with tags, sets, and dated archives.
For Your Work
Photo: Karin Daziel/Creative Commons
9. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity - book that introduces the popular GTD productivity method by David Allen.
11. Tungle.me - tool to easily plan and manage meetings
12. Genius Scan - turn your iPhone into a scanner and eliminate the paper pile and shoebox filing system from your office.
For Everything Else
Photo: Taiyo Fujii/Creative Commons
13. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - book to help you focus on what matters most
14. Lifehacker - website offering a constant stream of productive and organizational tips and tricks
15. Taking Control: The Organizing Podcast - a weekly podcast about organizing all aspects of your life.
What are your favorite resources for getting organized?
Top Articles on Getting Organized
Get Organized and Stay On Schedule with a Weekly Planner for Moms
8 Small Space Organizing Tips Straight from Our Family's RV
9 Ways to Organize Your Pantry - and Why You Should Bother
- Michelle Tells All: Her First Date with Jim Bob
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?