I Confess, I Pull Things From Your Trash
photo credit: Paul Garland (Creative Commons)
I admit it, I'm not above rescuing objects from the trash. Curbside finds are abundant in my town. Discarded windows, chairs, coffee tables and more! To me it is a personal challenge to save an object from certain decay in the landfill and turn it into a beautiful treasure.
Here are just a few of the many things I've salvaged:
New life for a variety of discarded old windows:
- Dream Big Butterfly Window
- Artist's Idea Bulletin Board
- Magnetic Message Board and Chalkboard
- Mantle Decor
- Entryway Memo Board
Before you throw something away, ask yourself: is there a way it can be upcycled?
Here are some resources for getting rid of your unwanted items and keeping them out of the landfill:
If you have a neighborhood message board, post your unwanted items there. Our neighborhood has re-homed many unwanted items, including this decorator table that someone wanted out of her garage:
Now you've been forewarned. If you put something good out to the curb, I might just be raiding your trash pile.
- Michelle Duggar on Healthy Changes for the Whole Family
- Princess Schmincess: Mother Reenacts Photos of Real Role Models with Daughter
- Pinterest Picks: Why Didn't I Think of That?
- 5 Surprising Secrets of People Who Have Extraordinary Willpower
- Reducing Racism with a Rubber Hand