Real Moms Weigh In: The Pros and Cons of Home Births (Video Blog)
Earlier this year, the National Center for Health Statistics reported that the number of home births in the United States had jumped 20 percent between 2004 and 2008 -- putting the rate at its highest point in more than 20 years. And while home births can be perfectly safe for women who don't have high-risk pregnancies, there's always the question: What if something goes wrong?
Amy Suardi, Sarah Backhouse, Katie Morton, and Susan Wagner share their thoughts about delivering at home, from the dangerous near-miss that one of these moms had with her own child to the benefits of laboring without drugs and the indisputable positives of an experienced midwife.
Check out the video blog and then let us know what you think in the comments: Are you for or against home births?
- Celebrating Three Generations of Mothers in the Duggar Family
- 5 Free and Fun Graduation Party Printables
- 3 "Must-Do's for a Successful Summer Break
- Boost Your Child's Confidence (and Your Own) with "The Gifts of Imperfection" (Book Review)
- Now's Your Chance to Give Your Cleaner and Cosmetic Suppliers a Trust-check