Real Moms Weigh In: The Pros and Cons of Home Births (Video Blog)
Earlier this year, the National Center for Health Statistics reported that the number of home births in the United States had jumped 20 percent between 2004 and 2008 -- putting the rate at its highest point in more than 20 years. And while home births can be perfectly safe for women who don't have high-risk pregnancies, there's always the question: What if something goes wrong?
Amy Suardi, Sarah Backhouse, Katie Morton, and Susan Wagner share their thoughts about delivering at home, from the dangerous near-miss that one of these moms had with her own child to the benefits of laboring without drugs and the indisputable positives of an experienced midwife.
Check out the video blog and then let us know what you think in the comments: Are you for or against home births?
- Michelle Tells All: Her First Date with Jim Bob
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?