20 Wacky Celebrity Baby Names
We can understand a parent's desire to set her children apart from a generation of Isabellas, Emmas, and Olivias (or Jacobs, Ethans, and Michaels) by coming up with an unusual name -- but for these celebrities, choosing the perfect moniker ended in some downright absurd results. We've come around a bit on Apple, Suri, and Zuma -- they seem practically boring next to the wild names that their celebrity playmates will dealing with for the rest of their lives.
1. Audio Science, the son of actress Shannyn Sossamon and kickboxing instructor Dallas Clayton didn't even get a more common middle name to dull the sting.
2. The Zappa family is known for its out-there names -- including sons Dweezil and Ahmet Emuukha Rodan and daughter Moon Unit -- but we think the youngest, daughter Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen, got the worst of it.
3. Moxie Crimefighter, the daughter of Penn Jillette and his wife, Emily, will need plenty of her first name to deal with her middle name.
4. Internet legend claims that Jason Lee and his wife, Beth, named their son Pilot Inspektor after an indie rock song called "He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot," but there's no record of where they came up with "Inspektor."
5. Jamie Oliver has said that his wife, Jools, came up with the names of their children -- Poppy Honey Rosie, Daisy Boo Pamela, and Petal Blossom Rainbow -- but maybe he should have stepped in to stop his son from being called Buddy Bear Maurice.
6. Clark is a solid name. So are Lois, Jimmy, and maybe even Lex. But Nicholas Cage went in a different direction, naming his son Kal-El (the name of Superman's Kryptonian father).
7. At first we thought the name of Erykah Badu's oldest son, Seven Sirius, belonged on this list -- but then we realized her two daughters are named Puma and Mars. So now it's a three-way tie.
8. Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz said they gave their son, Bronx Mowgli, his middle name because they were both fans of Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book, but they've refused to explain what drew them to Bronx.
9. Indio Falconer Downey's parents have classic names -- Robert and Deborah -- but they went decidedly untraditional with his first name (his middle name is his mother's maiden name).
10. It's not surprising that a woman named Soleil Moon Frye would name her daughters something other than Mary or Caroline -- but Jagger Joseph Blue is always going to be mistaken for a boy.
Ten More Eyebrow-Raising Baby Names
1. Reignbeau, daughter of Ving Rhames and Deborah Reed
2. Sparrow James Midnight, son of Nicole Richie and Joel Madden
3. Thijs, son of Matt Lauer and Annette Roque
4. Jermajesty, son of Jermaine Jackson and Alejandra Oiaza
5. Kyd Miller, son of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni
6. Speck Wildhorse, son of John Cougar Mellencamp and Elaine Irwin
7. Peanut Kai, son of Ingo Rademacher and Ehiku
8. Banjo Patrick, son of Rachel Griffith and Andrew Taylor
9. Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q, son of Bono and Ali Hewson
10. Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha, son of Lisa Bonet and Jason Momoa
Top Articles on Celebrity Parents
Natalie Portman Does Maternity Couture
Bruce and Demi Remained Adults During Divorce; Will Ashley Simpson and Pete Wentz Follow?
Shh! Kelly Preston Schedules a "Silent" Birth -- Wait, is That Even Possible?
- Michelle Tells All: Her First Date with Jim Bob
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?