What Dad Really Wants to Eat This Father's Day
Serving someone breakfast in bed just feels natural on Mother's Day. But Dad probably wouldn't turn down an amazing meal served to him in the comfiest spot in the house! The ritual of breakfast in bed gets a masculine makeover with this hearty dish!
Warm Potato Salad with Bacon & Egg
4 russet potatoes (or 8 red potatoes)
6 slices thick cut bacon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. If using russet potatoes, cut into wedges. If using smaller red potatoes, quarter or halve. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and place on one side of a baking sheet. Lay bacon slices on the other side of the baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes, then check on the bacon. Remove bacon when crisp, but continue roasting the potatoes until cooked through, about 20 more minutes. Chop the bacon.
3. In the meantime, place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with at least 1" of water. Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, cover pan with lid and remove from heat. Let covered pan sit off the heat for 10-12 minutes. Once the eggs are cooked, peel and cut into wedges.
4. When the potatoes are ready, pour about 1 tablespoon of the drippings from the bacon into a large serving bowl. Also to the bowl, add garlic, green onion, cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. To the bowl, add the potato wedges, bacon and eggs, toss well and serve immediately.
- Michelle Tells All: Her First Date with Jim Bob
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?