Ted Reader's Luau Burger
How do you like your burger?
People are no longer satisfied with just 2 all-beef patties, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions! Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like a classic burger, but these days we tend to search for the extra-something that puts the "BAM" in the bite.
Ted Reader, is who I call the "King of Burgers" and in his new book Napolean's Everyday Gourmet Burger, Ted delivers some over the top creations, like the Grilled Ostrich Burger to a very simple American Cheese Burger. This book is not filled with just beef burgers, but veal, lamb, chicken, turkey, duck, venison, bison, moose, pork and even ostrich!
Ted has created bold flavor combinations that will rock your taste buds. His recipes showcase the flexibility of the burger, while ensuring that every cook and eater alike will be able to enjoy his exciting recipes.
This Luau Burger just screams summer vacation to me, don't you think?
Luau Burger Recipe
from Ted Reader's Napolean's Everyday Gourmet Burger
makes 4 burgers
2 pounds ice-cold regular ground pork
1 cup ham, diced
1 small onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried parsley, ground
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons red chilies, crushed
2 teaspoons salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
8 ounces ham, thinly sliced
8 burger buns
1/2 cup butter, melted
bunch leaf lettuce
4 sliced fresh pineapple, cut into 1/4 inch thick rings
4 slices tomato
4 slices red onion
1. Preheat grill to medium high.
2. In a large bowl, mix the ground pork, diced ham, onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, dried parsley, chopped parsley, cayenne pepper,black pepper, salt and red chilies. Form into 4 6-ounce patties.
3. Grill burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until fully cooked.
4. Warm sliced ham on the grill.
5. Brush the burger buns with melted butter and grill, cut-side down, until crisp and golden brown.
6. Brush pineapple, tomato, and onion with melted butter and grill for 1- 2 minutes on each side.
Assemble your burger!
Bun bottom, lettuce, burger, grilled pineapple, tomato and red onion, grilled warmed ham and bun top. Garnish with your favorite condiment and serve.
- Michelle Duggar on Celebrating Birthdays for 19 Kids
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?