In the heat of the summer, a hot and heavy lasagne is the last thing I want! Kate of the blog called Framed (doesn't her header image just make you want to smile!?) has the perfect recipe - a no-bake summertime lasagne with fresh tomatoes, basil, thinly sliced zucchini and creamy, dreamy ricotta cheese. She's sharing this recipe with us this week (thanks Kate!) ~jaden
A Fresh, Vibrant Summertime Lasagne
by Kate of Framed, one picture at a time
Summer lasagna! This is a perfect solution to satisfying those lasagna cravings without turning on the oven during those sultry summer days. Lasagna noodles are layered with a light ricotta cheese mixture and a fresh and flavorful array of colorful summer veggies and herbs for the perfect quick, cool and delectable summer supper. No baking required!
Summertime Lasagna Recipeserve 4
1 cup ricotta
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
3 tablespoons olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
8 lasagne noodles, broken into thirds, cooked according to package instructions and drained
1 minced garlic clove
2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1/2 cup torn basil leaves
1. Combine ricotta, Parmesan and olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium high and add garlic and tomatoes. Cook until slightly broken down, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
3. Add zucchini to skillet (with a little more oil if needed). Season with salt and pepper and cook about 5 minutes until tender. Transfer to another bowl.
4. Scatter a few tomatoes over four plates. Top with one noodle, a spoonful of ricotta mixture, zucchini and more tomatoes. Repeat layering twice, ending with noodle and tomatoes. Drizzle a little more olive oil on top. Garnish with basil and serve.
- Michelle Duggar on Giving Thanks
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?