Simple Sweet Treat: Chocolate and Cinnamon Wontons
Photo: Emma Alter
My daughter is a terrific baker. It amazes me that she whips stuff up all the time, especially when I'll be sitting there thinking that I'm way too lazy to make something. In fact, I often wake up to baked goodies that she has made after I've retired for the night.
This recipe is so quick and simple that she had them out of the oven before I could even begin to think about being lazy. It was about 5 minutes of prep time and 8 minutes in the oven. They are perfect for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, or for an after school snack for the kids. They are also nice enough to serve to guests. You could invite a next door neighbour over for coffee and have these ready by the time they walked through the door.
Emma used a dark bar of chocolate for these which she broke into pieces, but if your kids like milk chocolate better that would work too. I daresay you could use chocolate chips if you were pressed.
This recipe is from Fresh, Fast, Simple by Donna Hay.
Chocolate and Cinnamon Wontons
16 wonton wrappers
2 tbsp butter, melted
16 small squares dark chocolate
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp fine sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Brush the edges of the wonton wrappers with a little butter and place a chocolate square on one half of each wrapper. Fold over the wrappers to enclose and press to seal.
2. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush wontons with butter and sprinkle with combined cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Michelle Tells All: Her First Date with Jim Bob
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?