There's a reason I don't bake much cake, that being I end up eating half of it myself. On the couch. Watching TV. At midnight. So, it's a danger zone for me. I don't even go there. Instead, when the urge for something sweet, chocolatey and warm comes along, I make mug cakes.
Cake that's microwaved in a coffee mug - it just takes 3-5 minutes (depends on the size of your mug) and gives me a single-serving indulgence that won't ruin my diet. Plus, they are fun to make!
(1) My friend Angie McGowan's Nutella Mug Cake. Absolutely gorgeous!
(2) Looking for a vegan version? Coffee and Sunshine Blog has one.
(3) If you need a little more hand-holding, Instructables has a step by step video on how to make their chocolatey mug cake.
(4) You can even frost and decorate your mug cake with pretty sprinkles - just like Sweetest Kitchen. Oh, and while you're over at her blog, check out this Quadruple Chocolate Pistachio Cupcake!
(5) Ovenhaven blogger gives us 5 reasons to make mug cake, the first reason? It only takes 5 minutes!!
(6) and last but not least, a Gluten Free version from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures.
- Michelle Tells All: Her First Date with Jim Bob
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?