Flawless Fish in a Flash
Photo: Jaden Hair
When it comes to cooking fish, simple is best. This fish recipe only takes 10 minutes to cook, start to finish. I've used a combination of orange and lemon, capers and white wine, then finished it with a bit of butter.
4 fish fillets of your choice, patted very dry
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon capers (drained)
1/2 cup white wine
2 tablespoons butter
1. Cut the orange in half. Juice one half of the orange, and slice the other half into thin half-moon slices. Repeat with the lemon.
2. Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Swirl in the olive oil. When hot, add the fish fillets. Once the cooked edge has reach almost halfway up the fillet, flip the fish.
3. Add in the wine, orange juice, lemon juice, orange/lemon slices, capers and the butter. Season the sauce with a bit of salt and pepper. When the liquid begins bubbling, turn the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the fish is cooked through, about 1-2 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillet. Serve immediately.
Top Articles on Seafood:
Beer Steamed Mussels
Easy Grilled Fish
- Michelle Tells All: Her First Date with Jim Bob
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?