Bobby Flay's Grilled Steak Sandwich
I had the opportunity to ask celebrity chef Bobby Flay a few questions courtesy of the Real Food Project , so I reached out to my Twitter friends to find out what they wanted to know, here's what I found out!
@chefj_hugh: What dishes do you make at home but would NEVER serve to customers?
Bobby Flay: My cooking at home is a lot like my cooking in the restaurant – I like to create simple, delicious food using flavorful, bold ingredients. I might include just a few more hot peppers in my at-home dishes but there really is nothing I eat at home that I would not serve in my restaurants.
@dawnviola: What do you eat on Wednesday night?
Bobby Flay: Between managing 10 restaurants and traveling across the country filming Throwdown, I rarely have time to enjoy a leisurely Wednesday dinner. My favorite Wednesday dinner would be a perfectly cooked burger with some great real food toppings including cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato.
@ValBeakes: What's a good way to cook skinless chicken breast indoors with a grilled taste without drying it out?
Bobby Flay:I recommend cooking chicken on a high-quality stove top grill. Brush chicken on both sides with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the stove top grill and grill on the first side until golden brown and slightly charred, about 4 minutes. Flip over and continue grilling until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes longer.
Bobby Flay's grilled steak sandwich with steak sauce
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons horseradish, drained
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 onion, sliced
16 ounces thinly sliced steak (I used frozen steaks made for hoagies)
4 hoagie rolls
3 cups shredded lettuce
1. Mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, molasses and horseradish in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium high heat, once the pan is hot add the cooking to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add the steak to the pan with the onions and increase the heat to high and continue cooking for 5 minutes, until the steak is seared.
3. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the rolls, add lettuce and top with the steak and onions.
- Michelle Duggar on Healthy Changes for the Whole Family
- Not All Sunscreens are What They Seem
- Create a Summer Bliss List
- 5 Surprising Secrets of People Who Have Extraordinary Willpower
- Reducing Racism with a Rubber Hand