Asparagus With Fried Egg
Image courtesy: Jaden Hair
Here's a quick and easy brunch, lunch or dinner (yes, I love eggs for dinner!). This dish takes just 10-12 minutes from start to finish. Make sure to keep the yolks a little runny -- the best part is when you dig your fork into the egg and the yolk spills all over the asparagus spears.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed
2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
1 egg or more
freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large frying pan, bring 1 inch of water with a large pinch of salt to a boil. Lay asparagus in pan, cover with lid, and cook for 2-4 minutes (depending on the thickness of the spears) on medium heat until just tender. Drain and plate asparagus on serving plate.
2. Wipe frying pan clean. Heat the oil or butter over medium heat. When hot, add egg(s) to pan and fry 2 minutes. Turn heat to low, cover pan, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until egg whites are cooked through. Slide eggs on top of asparagus.
2. Season with salt and pepper; shave Parmesan on top with vegetable peeler.
- Celebrating Three Generations of Mothers in the Duggar Family
- 94 Fun, New, and Foolproof Ways to Entertain the Kids this Summer
- Pinterest Picks: Why Didn't I Think of That?
- 5 Surprising Secrets of People Who Have Extraordinary Willpower
- Reducing Racism with a Rubber Hand