Asparagus With Fried Egg
Image courtesy: Jaden Hair
Here's a quick and easy brunch, lunch or dinner (yes, I love eggs for dinner!). This dish takes just 10-12 minutes from start to finish. Make sure to keep the yolks a little runny -- the best part is when you dig your fork into the egg and the yolk spills all over the asparagus spears.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed
2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
1 egg or more
freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large frying pan, bring 1 inch of water with a large pinch of salt to a boil. Lay asparagus in pan, cover with lid, and cook for 2-4 minutes (depending on the thickness of the spears) on medium heat until just tender. Drain and plate asparagus on serving plate.
2. Wipe frying pan clean. Heat the oil or butter over medium heat. When hot, add egg(s) to pan and fry 2 minutes. Turn heat to low, cover pan, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until egg whites are cooked through. Slide eggs on top of asparagus.
2. Season with salt and pepper; shave Parmesan on top with vegetable peeler.
- Michelle Duggar on Celebrating Birthdays for 19 Kids
- The Few Things I Know for Sure about Parenting
- 5 Fall Pinterest Tips to Inspire You
- 5 Lessons of Success I Learned by Chasing My Dream
- Measles Mounts a Comeback -- Are Your Kids at Risk?