Amanda writes about single parenting and blended families for magazines including Redbook, Parents, Pregnancy and the Washington Post Magazine. She runs creative writing workshops for single moms and is getting her PhD in the Sociology of the American family. Amanda is a full-time mom to Maia, 6, and step-mom to Chet, 10 and Ava, 13. After her first husband left to pursue another relationship while she was pregnant, Amanda chose to raise daughter, Maia, as a proud single mama with help from friends and family. When Maia was 18-months-old, she interviewed Trey, a single dad, for a single parent guide to NYC. The two began blending families soon after.
- Michelle Duggar on Healthy Changes for the Whole Family
- Not All Sunscreens are What They Seem
- Create a Summer Bliss List
- 5 Surprising Secrets of People Who Have Extraordinary Willpower
- Reducing Racism with a Rubber Hand