Amanda writes about single parenting and blended families for magazines including Redbook, Parents, Pregnancy and the Washington Post Magazine. She runs creative writing workshops for single moms and is getting her PhD in the Sociology of the American family. Amanda is a full-time mom to Maia, 6, and step-mom to Chet, 10 and Ava, 13. After her first husband left to pursue another relationship while she was pregnant, Amanda chose to raise daughter, Maia, as a proud single mama with help from friends and family. When Maia was 18-months-old, she interviewed Trey, a single dad, for a single parent guide to NYC. The two began blending families soon after.
- Celebrating Three Generations of Mothers in the Duggar Family
- 5 Free and Fun Graduation Party Printables
- 3 "Must-Do's for a Successful Summer Break
- Boost Your Child's Confidence (and Your Own) with "The Gifts of Imperfection" (Book Review)
- Now's Your Chance to Give Your Cleaner and Cosmetic Suppliers a Trust-check